Hospitality – The Sun-rise Industry
The industry of happiness, hospitality, presents career prospects into the realm of exceptional and extraordinary. Booming at a fast pace and promising a positive long-term outlook, it is opening up new vistas of opportunities for its pursuers.
So, what encompasses hospitality?
Closely knitted with other industries, hospitality draws employment from all of the following sectors:
- Accommodation and Hospitality Management (Hotels, Resorts, Lodging and vacation facilities)
- Food Service Management (Restaurants, Eateries, Food Outlets)
- Event Management (Events, Conferences, Meetings)
- Tourism and Travel Management
How is a career in hospitality different from other industries?
Hospitality presents a very different career path compared to all other industries. Here’s why:
- It is a dynamic and vibrant job. Owing to the constantly changing nature of the job, one always finds it interesting.
- It gives diverse experiences. Presenting a potpourri of different people and cultures, it brings with itself a varied range of experiences.
- It opens the door to the world. The skills one attains are globally applicable and readily transferable, meaning that a career in hospitality can very easily be the key to discovering new countries, new culture and new people.